Saturday, January 3, 2015

SPOILED BEAUTY OF A MASTERPIECE

About three or four years back I had been to Thirumeeyachur Lalithambigai temple where I saw a beautiful sculpture depicting Lord Siva and Parvathi on the southern wall of the main temple. Viewed from one angle   Parvathi appeared  shy and from opposite angle She appeared angry. As photography was not allowed I resisted the temptation of taking photos.
During my next visit, renovation work was going on. What they did was sand blasting the walls and sculptures thereby spoiling the beauty of the wonderful statues. I was painfully sad. However I took some snaps with my camera phone
Last week I had been to the Brahmapureeswrar temple at Thirumeignanam near Thirukadaiyur where I saw a similar sculpture and took a snap of the same.

You can compare the photos and see how thoughtlessly  our people are spoiling our heritage  structures



No comments:

Post a Comment